I live in Seattle, about 3 hours south of Vancouver, BC. I am married to a Canadian. I consider myself an honorary Canadian. I regularly root for the Canadian team – except when it is competing against God’s team, which of course would be the USA (After all, the song goes “God Bless America”, not “God Bless Canada”). So it is all that more upsetting that I have to ask the Vancouver Olympics Organizing Committee, “Vancouver Games, have you no shame?”
This Week on VFTB’s YouTube Channel: My Sports-Impaired Wife
Have you read these other VFTB articles?
- Searching for a way to turn off my brain
- Why does Montana hate me?
- Six Simple Steps to becoming a Chinese Tiger Mother (Second in a Two-Part Series)
- Torn about who to vote for this year
- Are all teenage daughters evil? (Part one of a two-part post)
- Famous Americans share Thanksgiving messages of gratitude
- Nine things I wish I hadn’t worried about so much as a parent – Conclusion
- A letter to our wives: What we dads really want for Father’s Day this year
- The Myth About Global Warming
- Fifty Shades of White