I live in Seattle, about 3 hours south of Vancouver, BC. I am married to a Canadian. I consider myself an honorary Canadian. I regularly root for the Canadian team – except when it is competing against God’s team, which of course would be the USA (After all, the song goes “God Bless America”, not “God Bless Canada”). So it is all that more upsetting that I have to ask the Vancouver Olympics Organizing Committee, “Vancouver Games, have you no shame?”
This Week on VFTB’s YouTube Channel: My Wife Wants Me Recalled
Have you read these other VFTB articles?
- 2012 – The Year in Review – As seen from the Bleachers – Part 2: July – December
- History – As Told by Forgotten Newspaper Headlines
- My Visit to Authentic Scotland (Sort of)
- Sarah Palin wants to save Christmas. You can help by buying her new book.
- Job Opening: Do you have what it takes to be al Qaeda’s new Number 2?
- Welcome to Seattle – The Land the Sun Forgot
- Everything I’ve Ever Learned About Oil Rig Piston Corers and Drill Strings I Learned from My Dry Cleaner
- Business Lesson #61: Hug your way to business success
- Alexander Graham Bell’s first phone call – using Skype
- I Have a Drinking Problem