Arizona Governor Jan Brewer recently signed into law a controversial immigration reform bill that has stirred up strong emotions from Republicans and Democrats alike. Underpinning much of the debate is the concern by many that this new law will unleash a tidal wave of abuse as racist rogue cops and INS agents target Hispanics – reminiscent of the roundup of Jews in Nazi Germany in the 1930s. There are protests from some unusual corners: Several prominent Hispanic Major League baseball players are asking other players to boycott next summer’s All Star Game (slated to be played in Phoenix) or at least pledge not swing at anything outside of the strike zone.
This Week on VFTB’s YouTube Channel: My Wife Wants Me Recalled
Have you read these other VFTB articles?
- Staying Safe is as Simple as Washing and Wiping
- 2012 – The Year in Review – As seen from the Bleachers – Part 1: January – June
- What I am thankful for at Thanksgiving (other than pie)
- A Very Scary Fairy Tale – The Angry Orange Ogre
- Has anybody seen my car keys?
- My Personal War with a Backyard Mole
- When planning a romantic Valentine’s Day getaway, don’t forget to invite your wife
- My Awesomest Extreme Prank
- World Cup Special Offer from VFTB: Vuvuzela music lessons – Kids half price!
- My Confession to My Readers