Arizona Governor Jan Brewer recently signed into law a controversial immigration reform bill that has stirred up strong emotions from Republicans and Democrats alike. Underpinning much of the debate is the concern by many that this new law will unleash a tidal wave of abuse as racist rogue cops and INS agents target Hispanics – reminiscent of the roundup of Jews in Nazi Germany in the 1930s. There are protests from some unusual corners: Several prominent Hispanic Major League baseball players are asking other players to boycott next summer’s All Star Game (slated to be played in Phoenix) or at least pledge not swing at anything outside of the strike zone.
This Week on VFTB’s YouTube Channel: Loser For Hire
Have you read these other VFTB articles?
- Millions mourn as Obama conspires with Storm of Century to steal election
- Joe Biden Facing Claims of Decent Behavior
- Things I hope people won’t mention at my funeral
- 8,000 drunken sailors sent on a mission to capsize Guam
- It’s a Wonderful Life (but it could have been better) – Part 1 of 2
- My love letter to my Internet Help Desk
- Tally Ho! Exclusive VFTB Preview of the London 2012 Summer Olympics
- There’s no better time than RIGHT NOW to start PROCRASTINATING!
- Are all teenage daughters evil? (Part one of a two-part post)
- My Treasure Trove Revealed on Antiques Roadshow