Arizona Governor Jan Brewer recently signed into law a controversial immigration reform bill that has stirred up strong emotions from Republicans and Democrats alike. Underpinning much of the debate is the concern by many that this new law will unleash a tidal wave of abuse as racist rogue cops and INS agents target Hispanics – reminiscent of the roundup of Jews in Nazi Germany in the 1930s. There are protests from some unusual corners: Several prominent Hispanic Major League baseball players are asking other players to boycott next summer’s All Star Game (slated to be played in Phoenix) or at least pledge not swing at anything outside of the strike zone.
This Week on VFTB’s YouTube Channel: My Personal War with a Backyard Mole
Have you read these other VFTB articles?
- Fashion advice for men who wear shorts
- History Improved through technology: Martin Luther King’s “I have a Dream” Tweet
- NFL addresses fan discontent by hiring new replacement referees from Foot Locker
- Windows 10 Introduces Wide Array of Exciting New System Errors
- I Have Discovered the Fountain of Youth
- Where Did My Day Go?
- Getting a colonoscopy is better than sex…
- Forgotten wedding vows – a wife’s rebuttal
- The Truth About Lying
- A moment of sadness – America’s greatest inventor has tossed his last toss