Arizona Governor Jan Brewer recently signed into law a controversial immigration reform bill that has stirred up strong emotions from Republicans and Democrats alike. Underpinning much of the debate is the concern by many that this new law will unleash a tidal wave of abuse as racist rogue cops and INS agents target Hispanics – reminiscent of the roundup of Jews in Nazi Germany in the 1930s. There are protests from some unusual corners: Several prominent Hispanic Major League baseball players are asking other players to boycott next summer’s All Star Game (slated to be played in Phoenix) or at least pledge not swing at anything outside of the strike zone.
This Week on VFTB’s YouTube Channel: The Secret Rules of Chess
Have you read these other VFTB articles?
- There’s no better time than RIGHT NOW to start PROCRASTINATING!
- The Tea Party’s bold plans to eliminate the debt completely by December 17th
- Other Masks We Need
- A letter to our wives: What we dads really want for Father’s Day this year
- A Valentine Story – Love and Romance in Aisle 7
- Millions mourn as Obama conspires with Storm of Century to steal election
- Confessions of a Reformed Bleeding-Heart Liberal
- The secret to taking the stress out of moving
- How to Make Sure Your Over-20 Child Continues to Live with You
- My Personal War with a Backyard Mole