Arizona Governor Jan Brewer recently signed into law a controversial immigration reform bill that has stirred up strong emotions from Republicans and Democrats alike. Underpinning much of the debate is the concern by many that this new law will unleash a tidal wave of abuse as racist rogue cops and INS agents target Hispanics – reminiscent of the roundup of Jews in Nazi Germany in the 1930s. There are protests from some unusual corners: Several prominent Hispanic Major League baseball players are asking other players to boycott next summer’s All Star Game (slated to be played in Phoenix) or at least pledge not swing at anything outside of the strike zone.
On VFTB’s YouTube Channel: Home Cooking for Husbands Who Don’t Cook
Have you read these other VFTB articles?
- Swingin’ in the Rain
- The Real Meaning of Christmas – Part 2: Decorations
- Watson vs. Palin in mock presidential debate – Who will win?
- Warning Signs You May Be Experiencing Kronic Incessant Disorder Syndrome (K.I.D.S.)
- I’ve been having an affair. Please don’t tell my wife.
- The Tea Party’s bold plans to eliminate the debt completely by December 17th
- A Letter to My Future Son-In-Law
- Teens, When Lying to Your Parents, You Need to Up Your Game
- The League of (Un)Extraordinary Gentlemen
- Seattle’s narrow escape from the icy grip of winter