Arizona Governor Jan Brewer recently signed into law a controversial immigration reform bill that has stirred up strong emotions from Republicans and Democrats alike. Underpinning much of the debate is the concern by many that this new law will unleash a tidal wave of abuse as racist rogue cops and INS agents target Hispanics – reminiscent of the roundup of Jews in Nazi Germany in the 1930s. There are protests from some unusual corners: Several prominent Hispanic Major League baseball players are asking other players to boycott next summer’s All Star Game (slated to be played in Phoenix) or at least pledge not swing at anything outside of the strike zone.
This Week on VFTB’s YouTube Channel: My Personal War with a Backyard Mole
Have you read these other VFTB articles?
- My love letter to my Internet Help Desk
- Another Political First – The First VP Candidate named TIM
- Side-By-Side Comparison of the Roomba vs. the Timba
- GOP eyes Watson the Computer as front-runner candidate for 2012 election
- Meet the world’s smartest person: My teenage daughter.
- In Defense of Facebook – by Barney Likezitt
- Humor blog revealed as tangled web of lies
- The Island of Exceptional People
- Wedding vows I don’t remember making
- Mission Impossible: My brave escape from an Escape Room