Arizona Governor Jan Brewer recently signed into law a controversial immigration reform bill that has stirred up strong emotions from Republicans and Democrats alike. Underpinning much of the debate is the concern by many that this new law will unleash a tidal wave of abuse as racist rogue cops and INS agents target Hispanics – reminiscent of the roundup of Jews in Nazi Germany in the 1930s. There are protests from some unusual corners: Several prominent Hispanic Major League baseball players are asking other players to boycott next summer’s All Star Game (slated to be played in Phoenix) or at least pledge not swing at anything outside of the strike zone.
This Week on VFTB’s YouTube Channel: The Secret Rules of Chess
Have you read these other VFTB articles?
- Important Coronavirus Safety Update from View from the Bleachers
- A Tale of Two Brities
- Encourage your challenging child – through POSITIVE parenting
- Our summer vacation – only more interesting
- Is your self-esteem a little too positive? Why not try golf?
- How to Help Your Child With Their Science Fair Project
- President Obama, deport my next-door neighbor. His lawn looks like crap.
- I Recently Joined a Health Club. Eventually, I Might Even Try Using It.
- Kanye West’s Guide to a Kinder, Nicer YOU!
- Welcome to Seattle – The Land the Sun Forgot