Arizona Governor Jan Brewer recently signed into law a controversial immigration reform bill that has stirred up strong emotions from Republicans and Democrats alike. Underpinning much of the debate is the concern by many that this new law will unleash a tidal wave of abuse as racist rogue cops and INS agents target Hispanics – reminiscent of the roundup of Jews in Nazi Germany in the 1930s. There are protests from some unusual corners: Several prominent Hispanic Major League baseball players are asking other players to boycott next summer’s All Star Game (slated to be played in Phoenix) or at least pledge not swing at anything outside of the strike zone.
On VFTB’s YouTube Channel: Home Cooking for Husbands Who Don’t Cook
Have you read these other VFTB articles?
- Fashion Tip for Middle-Aged Men: Hair to Dye For
- When it comes to our kids, winning isn’t everything. Whining is…..
- My advice to the graduating class of 2011: Don’t Tweet Your Junk.
- Please Accept My Heartfelt Apology If I’ve Offended You
- My Awesomest Extreme Prank
- Flying Coach vs. First Class
- You’re as Good as Anyone Else – Well, Almost
- My Visit to Authentic Scotland (Sort of)
- The Real Meaning of Christmas – Part 2: Decorations
- Our summer vacation – only more interesting