Arizona Governor Jan Brewer recently signed into law a controversial immigration reform bill that has stirred up strong emotions from Republicans and Democrats alike. Underpinning much of the debate is the concern by many that this new law will unleash a tidal wave of abuse as racist rogue cops and INS agents target Hispanics – reminiscent of the roundup of Jews in Nazi Germany in the 1930s. There are protests from some unusual corners: Several prominent Hispanic Major League baseball players are asking other players to boycott next summer’s All Star Game (slated to be played in Phoenix) or at least pledge not swing at anything outside of the strike zone.
This Week on VFTB’s YouTube Channel: Loser For Hire
Have you read these other VFTB articles?
- Forgotten wedding vows – a wife’s rebuttal
- Welcome to Seattle – The Land the Sun Forgot
- Humor blog revealed as tangled web of lies
- VFTB humor blog garners international praise from people who can’t read English
- Sleepless in Seattle
- Fashion Tip for Middle-Aged Men: Hair to Dye For
- Vacation Adventures for High-Strung Travelers
- The Joy of Sleeping
- A parent’s survival guide for when your college kid comes home for the holidays
- I have solved our nation’s debt problem – no need to thank me (Part 2 of 2)