Arizona Governor Jan Brewer recently signed into law a controversial immigration reform bill that has stirred up strong emotions from Republicans and Democrats alike. Underpinning much of the debate is the concern by many that this new law will unleash a tidal wave of abuse as racist rogue cops and INS agents target Hispanics – reminiscent of the roundup of Jews in Nazi Germany in the 1930s. There are protests from some unusual corners: Several prominent Hispanic Major League baseball players are asking other players to boycott next summer’s All Star Game (slated to be played in Phoenix) or at least pledge not swing at anything outside of the strike zone.
This Week on VFTB’s YouTube Channel: The Secret Rules of Chess
Have you read these other VFTB articles?
- TGIT – Thank God It’s Tuesday
- Side-By-Side Comparison of the Roomba vs. the Timba
- Why I’m switching my vote to Romney. Reason #17: I just like his hair.
- First Lady Michelle Obama – Coming soon to an Applebee’s near you
- VFTB’s Take Back America, Do-It-Yourself Self-Government Tool Kit
- The Island of Exceptional People
- Forget about Low-Impact Aerobics.
Try the latest fitness craze: No-Impact Yoga
- Surviving Christmas Dinner with Relatives
- VFTB’s Failsafe five-step strategy to guarantee your kid a spot in Princeton
- Nine things I wish I hadn’t worried about so much as a parent – Conclusion